Sunday, August 26, 2012

25th Aug - Sermon Feedback.

‎25th Aug 2012

Post Faith Sermon.


This sermon particularly highlighted to me the importance to check my heart when I pray. I do believe that whenever we pray about certain "choices" or "decisions" we tend to already kind of make up our mind, that is sometimes a bit dangerous because you know.. you tend to hear/see what you want to hear and see. That can be very misleading, so I am reminded that when I come to the Father to pray about something, I check my heart. To make sure that, sure.. there might be a possibility that I am leaning more towards a certain decision more so than the other... but to have a heart that is after God and His will for me. 


Pastor also mentioned about paying attention to the process. True, the end result , end product is something that entices us to even begin to want to begin a journey. But we cannot forget that the process is very important. It gets us to where we are meant to go. When we are face with the question if we want to seek God & His will, for me, my answer is yes. Of course it is not easy but I have come to realize that His ways are always better than mine, what He has planned for me will always be better than what I think I know, because.. the fact is I do not know. It all starts with the heart, so I pray that my heart desires will be to please God and not men or even myself, to have my desire to please Him to be stronger than any disability that tries to stop me from doing what He has planned for me.

He also reminded me that I already have His general will with me, the bible. He will be same today, yesterday and tomorrow. Nothing He says will contradict the written Word. Before my specific will comes along, I first have to abide in His Word. Because I need to be able to sieve out the noise and listen clearly to Him , we will make mistakes, hear wrongly but God, He who is perfect, will never make a mistake. So I am praying this week , I will have a heart that desires are to please Him and no one else. That I am make sure my daily quiet time is to listen to Him instead of "ranting" off. To listen and to wait upon His word.

Thank you for the word Ps Daniel.

Love,
Amanda.

Have a good week ahead lovelets, see you guys wed.

No comments:

Post a Comment